Re: Proposals for Async

David Orchard wrote:

> I've written up a lengthy discussion paper on what I think WSDL, SOAP,
> and WS-A should do for Async and meps.
>

> http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2005/04/05/underlying_protocol_is_a_completely_leaky_abstraction
>

> I believe this provides a concrete set of proposals that could be used
> as a basis for the asynch tf to either start from or to recommend to
> the WS-A WG.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dave

There is a lot of good stuff in here.  I've only read through it once,
quickly.  It clearly deserves more than that.

As a general comment, I like the enumeration of the issues we're trying
to deal with (e.g., what to do with an HTTP return code when you're not
doing vanilla SOAP/HTTP).  I also find the conclusions plausible, but I
can't sign up to them wholesale without further thought.  I particularly
agree that a 1:1 correspondence between WSDL and SOAP MEPs will most
likely collapse under its own weight.

Beyond that, I'll have to ruminate a bit more and respond in detail.  In
the mean time, I wanted to at least send an ACK.