Re: [ws-rx] I just posted a PR comment on MakeConnection Policy assertion

Right, absence of nonAnon means Anon must be used.
However, absence of Anon means nonAnon must be used.
While I agree that your statement "no replies are allowed" can be a
logical conclusion from the paradox when both are absent, it might be nice
if it were stated in the spec since w/o an explicit statement telling
people what it means, it looks like an incoherent state to me.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>
02/28/2007 08:25 PM
Please respond to
tom@coastin.com

tom@coastin.com
cc
Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Gilbert Pilz <Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com>,
public-ws-addressing@w3.org, ws policy <public-ws-policy@w3.org>,
public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] I just posted a PR comment on MakeConnection Policy assertion

By the way, the proposal should state "absense on nonAnonReplies within
an addressing assertion means nonAnonReplies are prohibited"

If it says otherwise that is a typo.

Tom Rutt wrote:

> Doug Davis wrote:
>>
>> Tom,
>> What does it mean if neither wsam:Anon nor wsam:nonAnon appear under
>> a wsam:Addressing element?
> That means no replies are allowed.
>
> One ways only with no response
>> In your proposal you say the absence of wsam:Anon means it Anon can't
>> be used.
>> In your proposal you say the absence of wsam:nonAnon means Anon must
>> be used.
>> So we have contradictory statements when neither appear, no?
>>
>> thanks
>> -Doug
>> STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
>> (919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com
>>

>> *Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>*
>> Sent by: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
>>
>> 02/28/2007 07:18 PM
>> Please respond to
>> tom@coastin.com

>>     Gilbert Pilz <Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com>
>> cc
>>     tom@coastin.com, wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>,
>> public-ws-addressing@w3.org, ws policy <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
>> Subject
>>     Re: [ws-rx] I just posted a PR comment on MakeConnection Policy
>> assertion
>>

>> I put an example policy which has three alternatives
>>
>> These cover the CR33 is in my opinion.
>>
>> The following example shows an equivalent policy expression, assuming
>> proposed
>> alternative A (wsa:NonAnonymous defined as any URI value other than
>> wsa:Anonymous) is selected.  This requires use of MakeConnection to be
>> treated as a special case of wsam:nonAnonymous reply.
>>

>> <wsp:Policy>  <-- Policy expression for proposed alternative a) -->
>> ..<wsp:ExactlyOne>
>>
>> ....<wsp:All>
>> ......<wsam:Addressing>
>> ........<wsp:Policy>
>> ..........<wsp:ExactlyOne>
>> ..........<!-- anon or non-anon responses required-->
>> ............<wsp:All>
>> ..............<wsam:AnonymousResponses/>
>> ............</wsp:All>
>> ............<wsp:All>
>> ...............<wsam:NonanonymousResponses/>
>> ............</wsp:All>
>> ..........</wsp:ExactlyOne>
>> ........</wsp:Policy>
>> ......</wsam:Addressing>
>> ......<!--  wsmc:MakeConnection is not asserted as part of this all,
>> thus no statement on its use in this alternative
>> --.>....</wsp:All>....<! Addressing required, only use makeConnection
>> for reply -->
>> ....<wsp:All>
>> ......<wsam:Addressing>
>> ........<wsp:Policy>
>> ..........<wsp:ExactlyOne>
>> ..........<!-- non-anon responses required-->
>> ...............<wsam:NonanonymousResponses/>
> [...]
CR33?