RE: New draft of Metadata document - was RE: 2007-01-15 Teleconference canceled due to low attendance <EOM>

May I suggest that we re-word the examples slightly in order to indicate
'best practice' and avoid confusion amongst implementers?

Each example could be of the form:
      In order to indicate <capability> then the following policy is
recommended: <policy>

So example 3-4 might look something like:

In order to indicate WS-Addressing required with anonymous and
non-anonymous responses supported by provider,  the following policy is
recommended:
<wsp:Policy>
    <wsam:Addressing>
        <wsp:Policy>
            <wsp:ExactlyOne>
                <wsam:AnonymousResponses wsp:Optional="true"/>
                <wsam:NonAnonymousResponses wsp:Optional="true"/>
            </wsp:ExactlyOne>
        </wsp:Policy>
    </wsam:Addressing>
</wsp:Policy>

This would obviously need to be non-normative.

Katy

"Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
15/01/2007 19:22

David Illsley/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
"Bob Freund" <bob@freunds.com>, "[WS-A]" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>,
<public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org>, "Rogers, Tony" <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Subject
RE: New draft of Metadata document - was RE: 2007-01-15 Teleconference
canceled due to low attendance <EOM>

Ok, that is my expected design pattern as well. I am glad we are in
agreement there. Are you also saying that this is the intended
interpretation of the paragraph I asked for clarification in this
thread?

BTW, the example 3.2 with the title "no-statement on supported
block a specific type of response unless both sides do not care and
include an empty policy. Perhaps you guys should think about clarifying
this specific point, because just reading the document as it is, the
points we just clarified in this email exchange are not obvious.

I just do not want service providers or clients to use the nested
assertions in a way to get unintended results, thus the guidance should
be clear. Perhaps the WS-Addressing nested assertions may be a good
example to use in the WS-Policy Guidelines document to clarify the
affect of nested matching. I will think about this more.

> So, my answer to your question to the policy group [1] which appears
> related to this is (a) No.
>
> Tony: Sorry, I've spotted a problem with the doc in Example 3-4. The
> wsam:AnonymousResponses and wsam:NonAnonymousResponses
> elements should not
> have wsp:Optional="true" attributes.
>
> David
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0069