Re: New Proposed Alternative H to resolve WS Policy LC comments on WSAM

Tom,

Why not define just two nested assertions and allow then to be specified
together. I.e., do the following:

wsam:Addressing -- says that it supports ws-addressing spec (nothing
more, nothing less). On its own does not say anything about anon or
non-anon, they may be supported, YMMV.

nested assertion wsam:AnonymousResponse -- says that anonymous response
is supported.

nested assertion wsam:NonAnonymousResponse -- says that the non-anon
response is supported.

This is how various usecases would look like.

1) usecase 1: ws-addressing is supported (nothing more)

[apologies for errors in ws-policy syntax, if any]

<wsp:Policy>
   <wsp:ExactlyOne>
     <wsp:All>
        <wsam:Addressing/>
     </wsp:All>
   </wsp:ExactlyOne>
<wsp:Policy>

2) usecase 2: WS-addressing with guarantee that anon is supported:

<wsp:Policy>
   <wsp:ExactlyOne>
     <wsp:All>
       <wsam:Addressing>
         <wsp:Policy>
           <wsp:ExactlyOne>
             <wsp:All>
               <wsam:AnonymousResponse/>
             </wsp:All>
           </wsp:ExactlyOne>
       </wsam:Addressing>
     </wsp:All>
   </wsp:ExactlyOne>
<wsp:Policy>

3) usecase 3: ws-addressing with guarantee that non-anon is supported:

<wsp:Policy>
   <wsp:ExactlyOne>
     <wsp:All>
       <wsam:Addressing>
         <wsp:Policy>
           <wsp:ExactlyOne>
             <wsp:All>
               <wsam:NonAnonymousResponse/>
             </wsp:All>
           </wsp:ExactlyOne>
       </wsam:Addressing>
     </wsp:All>
   </wsp:ExactlyOne>
<wsp:Policy>

4) usecase 4: ws-addressing with guaranted that both anon and non-anon
are supported:

<wsp:Policy>
   <wsp:ExactlyOne>
     <wsp:All>
       <wsam:Addressing>
         <wsp:Policy>
           <wsp:ExactlyOne>
             <wsp:All>
               <wsam:AnonymousResponse/>
             </wsp:All>
             <wsp:All>
               <wsam:NonAnonymousRespone/>
             <wsp:All>
           </wsp:ExactlyOne>
       </wsam:Addressing>
     </wsp:All>
   </wsp:ExactlyOne>
<wsp:Policy>

WRT policy matching,
1) if one were looking for ws-addressing with a guarantee that (say)
anonymous was supported, one would look for a policy similar to one in
usecase 2.

2) if one were looking for ws-addressing with possible anon support (but
no guarantee), then one would look for a match for { usecase 1 OR
usecase 2}.

-Anish