Re: New Alternative G to resolve LC comment on WS addr metadata

I prefer alternative G to alternative F, as I don't like alternative F's
requirement that absence of nested assertion means replies are not allowed.

I do have 2 comments on proposal G:

1) The proposal has the following restriction --
"A policy expression containing the wsam:Addressing policy assertion
MUST NOT be attached to a wsdl:portType or wsdl20:interface. The
wsam:Addressing policy assertion specifies a concrete behavior whereas
the wsdl:portType or wsdl20:interface is an abstract construct."

How/why does the wsam:Addressing specify a concrete behavior? We have
core and soap-binding spec. The proposal does not make it clear (I hope
I didn't miss it) as to compliance to which spec is made by the
assertion. We should spell that out.

For example, what happens when the assertion is made on an endpoint that
does not use SOAP. I imagine that the conformance to only the core spec
is made (and not to some additional WS-Addressing binding that may have
been defined for the protocol that is being used).

What happens when the assertion applies to an endpoint that uses SOAP,
is the claim about conformance to core+SOAP-binding or just core?

Furthermore, WS-Addressing Core is an abstract spec. It would be very
useful to make an assertion on the portType/interface to say that all
bindings/endpoint for this portType/interface must use ws-addressing
(because the abstract contract depends on the MAP values). This is
especially true if one views ws-addressing as a bidning-independent
"core" spec on which applications and abstract contracts will have
dependencies.

2) wsa:Addressing assertion (by itself) is stated as having no
restriction on the endpoint (wrt anon/non-anon). This could be
interpreted to mean that the endpoint is claiming to accept both anon as
well as non-anon replyTos. Perhaps that is not intended, but I like the
model where no nested assertion means no claim is made about the
accepted values.

Section 3.1.1 says:
"The wsam:Addressing assertion does not indicate any restrictions on the
use of WS-Addressing unless otherwise qualified by assertions in its
nested policy expression."

Suggestion -- add this:
"In the absence of a nested policy expression, no claim is made about
requirement or acceptance of either the anonymous or non-anonymous URI
as the value of the [address] property contained in the response EPR of
the request message."

(or something like that).

-Anish