FW: WS-Addressing comment/question related to WS-RM

From: Bob Freund <bob@freunds.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:01:41 -0400
To: "[WS-A]" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

________________________________

From: Bob Freund
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:00 AM
To: 'ws-rx-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: WS-Addressing comment/question related to WS-RM

As chair of WS-Addressing I am forwarding the following comment made by
one of our members:

"

I've been puzzling through the spaghetti of dependant specs for a while,
and haven't determined conclusively how to reconcile the WSDL in
Appendix B with the MakeConnection example in Appendix C.6.

The WSDL describes request-response operations such as CreateSequence,
with input CreateSequence and output CreateSequenceResponse messages.
While the WSDL doesn't describe a binding for this, it is easy to
imagine a straightforward way to bind this to a SOAP/HTTP
request-response.

However, the MakeConnection example shows a MakeConnection message
resulting in a CreateSequence response message, which then results in a
CreateSequenceResponse messages, followed by an HTTP 202.  That is, the
first request corresponds to a one-way message (no problem here), the
first response corresponds to a request of a request-response, and the
second request corresponds to the response of a request-response.

What standard binding could be used to describe this behavior?  I can't
find any of the specs (WSDL 1.1, WSDL 2.0, WS-I BP) that explicitly say
the WSDL-described request message must be mapped to an HTTP request,
but I'm also not aware of any implementation that allows requests to be
mapped to anything else.  Is this just a too-obvious-to-state loophole
or am I missing something?"

Thanks

-bob