RE: Proposal for CR33

Still not clear to me how that can work. Its the server that needs to do
this identification not the client - and I thought the TAG would frown
upon using ref-p's to identify endpoints.
-Doug

Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
09/11/2006 04:05 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Proposal for CR33

I think we agree on the crux of the issue ?the RManonURI doesn't identify
a sequence, it just identifies the anonymous endpoint?.  The use of an
infinite number of possible identifiers which are synonyms of the WS-A
?anonymous? uri is generally discouraged ? I?ll try to look up the WebArch
advice on this topic.  But the interaction of your RManonURI with
wsaw:Anonymous is symptomatic.

I propose that you use our anonymous URI to identify the anonymous
endpoint, and use reference parameters to communicate the sequence ID or
whatever information is necessary internally to the endpoint (identified
as anonymous) to disambiguate states or other internals.