RE: Who knows what from where?

Yes, but I believe you did represent that the RM anon URI would be used without RM. That in theory means the endpoints involved are not advertising any RM capabilities. So why is the use of the RM anon URI in the absence of RM expected to work? How can anything done with respect to CR33 address that?

If we provide a way to advertise that the backchannel is to be used but without mention of anything to do with the wsa:Anonymous URI and no way to indicate the RM anon URI is to be used it doesn't seem like anything will have been accomplished.

From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:59 PM
To: Rogers, Tony
Cc: David Hull; Francisco Curbera; public-ws-addressing@w3.org; public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: Who knows what from where?

I must have been misunderstood - clearly an impl that wants to use the RManonURI needs to know about the RM spec.  :-)
-Doug

"Rogers, Tony" <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org

10/24/2006 01:36 PM

Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "David Hull" <dmh@tibco.com>

cc

<public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, <public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org>

Subject

RE: Who knows what from where?

The part that worries me about this was Doug's recent suggestion that the RM URI was supposed to be "understood" (for some value of "understood") by non-RM-aware participants. I have no difficulty with those who are RM-aware, because they are expected to understand. I do not, however, understand how something that is not aware of RM can "understand" the URI.

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development
tony.rogers@ca.com<mailto:tony.rogers@ca.com>