Re: What problem are we trying to solve?

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:56:42 -0400
To: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Cc: Bob Freund <bob@freunds.com>, Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM, "[WS-A]" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
Nope not in the slightest :-)
The replyTo on the application message is treated just like any other
replyTo - its where replies go.

To "select which 'pending'" messages, there's a wsrm:Address field
as a child of the MakeConnection element, which goes in the Body.

thanks,
-Doug

Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM
10/05/2006 02:35 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Bob Freund <bob@freunds.com>, "[WS-A]" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>,
public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
Subject

On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Doug Davis wrote:

> > More than that, some folks have said that this synonym overloads
> > replyTo and defines semantics associated with a definition of this
> > uri that only RM will understand.
>
> It doesn't overload ReplyTo any more than switching from
> http://www.cnn.com   to  smtp://cnn.com   overloads it.
> There are transport level semantics associated with each URI
> that relate to how the message is transferred from one endpoint
> to the other. The semantics of ReplyTo are totally unchanged when
> the RM anon URI is used.  It still means it contains the EPR of
> the destination endpoint for replies.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that the value of the ReplyTo/
Address was used by RM to select which "pending" reply messages
should be sent, not just where they are sent. AIUI, this is the
overloading being referred to.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.