RE: What problem are we trying to solve?

"Rogers, Tony" <Tony.Rogers@ca.com> wrote on 10/03/2006 08:12:03 PM:
> That's looking too closely at the details. After all, if it were not
> for the desire to transmit the identifying information, WS-RM would
> not need a special URI - it could and would use the existing anonymous
URI.

identifying info is one part yes - and it seems odd that people are
put off by that since URIs are usually used to identify resources :-)
However, the other part is the semantics of how to connect to the
endpoint - which is no different then http://... vs smtp://...
vs anon vs pipe-X ...

> I don't see any need for a slew of new "magic" URIs. I don't like
> "magic" values - anonymous is sensible, and none is acceptable, but
> encouraging the creation of more is a very bad idea. Magic values
> suggest that we got the design wrong and that we need these magic
> values to indicate that we're deviating from the original design.

Not necessarily - what it means is that WSA couldn't anticipate
all possible mechanisms of how to identify/connect to the other
endpoint.  It would be wrong to think it could.

-Doug