Clarification on Sending Faults

From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:30:51 -0700
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Hi Gurus,

I had a few questions troubling me, and would appreciate your response in
this matter.
Is it mandatory that "only" SOAP faults are sent back to the Fault endpoint
? Is it valid to send SOAP replies rather than SOAP faults to the fault
endpoint ?
My question arises from the fact that I have a Service defined by a
WSDL 1.1document, where I define two portTypes. The first portType has
a single
one-way operation [lets say, callled invokeService].  The second portType
has two operations namely receiveAckFromService, and
receiveFaultFromService. Each of these operations are one-way operations.
The caller sets the FaultTo set to an endpoint for the portType
corresponding to receiveFaultFromService, and sends a simple SOAP message
[not a fault message] in case any fault occurs in the service. Is this a
valid scenario ?

rgds,
Ram

--