Re: Updated proposal for WS-Policy assertions

Hi Marc,

Few comments inlined below.

-Anish
--

Marc Hadley wrote:
> The first part of the proposal is to remove the current wsaw:Anonymous
> WSDL marker. I think we might need to tweak the section describing the
> UsingAddressing marker to include the following text (modified to remove
> mentions of policy and anonymous) from the section describing the
> wsaw:Anonymous marker:
>
> "A WSDL-based service description that includes the wsaw:UsingAddressing
> makes no assertion regarding a requirement or a constraint in the use of
> the anonymous URI in EPRs contained in messages sent to the endpoint."
>
> The current text for UsingAddressing could be taken to imply that
> endpoints using it explicitly support anon and non-anon addresses but I
> think the intent is that UsingAddressing makes no claim about the types
> of address supported.
>
> The second part of the proposal is to define three new elements for use
> in WS-Policy.

Suggestion, who not define Qnames that can be used in WSDL or as policy
assertion?

> (i) <wsaw:AddressingRequired/> - the endpoint requires WS-Addressing,
> optionality can be conveyed using WS-Policy constructs.

Doesn't this duplicate the functionality of UsingAddressing?

It is also kinda strange to say:
<wsaw:AddressingRequired wsp:Optional='true'/>

> (ii) <wsaw:AnonymousResponses/> (a child element of
> <wsaw:AddressingRequired>) - the endpoint can send replies using WS-A
> anonymous; the endpoint can't send to anon if not present.

The idea of policy friendly wsdl extensions was to create independent
Qnames that are not parametrized through the use of attribute values or
children element. Not a policy expert, but doesn't this make it less
policy friendly?