Re: Proposal for WS-Policy assertions

On Nov 10, 2006, at 8:47 PM, Marc Goodner wrote:
> Why are we defining wsaw:AddressingRequired and not using the
> already existing wsaw:UsingAddressing? What’s the difference?

UsingAddressing in the absence of Anonymous implies support for any
address (anon or non-anon). AddressingRequired without one of the
other assertions only implies support for the none address.

> Are we proposing to cut wsaw:Anonymous and wsaw:UsingAddressing?
> Please don’t cut markers/assertions that are in use and retain the
> same namespace.
>

> I don’t think this combination makes sense:
>
> <wsp:Policy>
>
>   <wsaw:AddressingRequired/>
>
>   <wsaw:AnonymousReplies/>
>
>   <wsaw:NonAnonymousReplies/>
>
> </wsp:Policy>

Hopefully the previous comment explains why this makes sense. It is
equivalent to the UsingAddressing WSDL extension when Anonymous isn't
also used.

Marc.

> I think that’s what this means, essentially I don’t care:
>
> <wsp:Policy>
>
>   <wsaw:AddressingRequired/> <!--or <wsaw:UsingAddressing/> -->
>
> </wsp:Policy>
>

> The other assertions qualify the first, otherwise it’s kind of a
> meaningless assertion as it never mean anything unless used with
> the others.

---