Re: SOAP 1.1 One-way HTTP Binding doc

David Orchard wrote:
> There is a lot of level mixing going on.  I don't think that an optional
> SOAP response should be part of a "one-way" binding.  Sure, it might be
> a WSDL one-way, but we are talking about SOAP not WSDL.  SOAP
> definitions shouldn't be coupled up the stack to WSDL, and I'm against
> defining SOAP things in the context of WSDL.  SOAP shouldn't know
> anything about the stuff that is describing it, beit WSDL, Policy,
> Semantic Web, foo...

I agree, that (WSDL-independence) is a fine goal to have.

But, a SOAP response in a SOAP request-response exchange (status code
200) is different from a SOAP response in a SOAP
request-optional-response exchange (status code 202) -- it should not be
construed that a SOAP request-optional-response exchange for the case
when the SOAP envelope is sent back in a 202 HTTP response is an
'instance' of the SOAP request-response exchange. Perhaps there is a
better way to name the "MEP" so as to disambiguate this
(request-optional-ack or something like that).

-Anish