Re: CR20 proposal (consistent wording)

Francisco Curbera wrote:

>As I said in my earlier mail, this would be the text to include in section
>3.5:
>
>"When the HTTP transport is in use, the anonymous URI is only used to
>indicate the use of the HTTP reply channel so it can only appear as the
>value of the [destination] property in reply messages."

To be more concrete (insertions in italics):

3.5 Use of Anonymous Address in SOAP

3.5.1 SOAP 1.1/HTTP

When "http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" is specified
for the response endpoint then there is no change to the SOAP 1.1/
HTTP binding./ The URI
"http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" MUST NOT be specified
for the [destination] property of an HTTP message, except when required
as a result of the rules in section 3.4 of the core.
/
3.5.2 SOAP 1.2

When "http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" is specified
for the response endpoint and the request is the request part of a
SOAP request-response MEP [soap 1.2 adjuncts ref], then any response
MUST be the response part of the same SOAP request-response MEP [soap
1.2 adjuncts ref].  /The URI
"http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" MUST NOT be specified
for the [destination] property of any message in a SOAP request-response
MEP//, except when required as a result of the rules in section 3.4 of
the core//.
/

This could be sharpened by saying the server/receiver MUST fault on
receiving a message with such a [destination], instead of saying that
such a [destination] MUST NOT be used but not saying what happens if it
is.//