RE: (possible) WS-RX use cases

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:09:30 -0000
To: <dmh@tibco.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> Case 1 seems almost pointless.  If all I need to know is that you got
> the message, any HTTP response will do.

Case 1 seems very useful in scenarios which abstract away the transport
and want to process at the SOAP level regardless of how the messages
are exchanged.

> Case 2 seems much more useful.  In this case the HTTP response (whatever
> it is) means you got the message, while the WS-RX ack means something
> else, e.g., you were able to forward it on and it reached its final
> destination.

AIUI Case 2 would best be handled by moving a 'window' forward rather
than sending a box-car of acknowledgements, no?

  (my understanding of RX is rather minimal,
   so I could be talking out of my hat).

Paul