Issue: Endpoint reference as a wsdl extension

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 13:41:17 -0500
To: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org List" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
The WSDL binding specification[1] says:

"When a wsa:EndpointReference element is present in a wsdl20:endpoint
or a wsdl11:port element (see 4.1 Extending WSDL Endpoints with an
EPR), the value of the [reference parameters] message addressing
property for a message sent to an endpoint MUST include the contents
of the wsa:ReferenceParameters element, if one exists within that EPR."

My take on this requirement is that this only applies if WS-
Addressing is active for the message exchange but some readers have
taken this to mean that the reference parameters have to be included
regardless.

I suggest we add a clarifying note to the start of section 4 along
the lines of: "Note: the WSDL extensions described in the following
subsections are only active when WS-Addressing is engaged in a
message exchange, if WS-Addressing is not engaged they are ignored".

Thanks,
Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-wsdl/#refpinwsdl
---