Re: CR33: Describing RM using WSDL?

Doug,

Look forward to seeing the proposal.

It's the design intent/impact on WS-A I'm primarily interested in. I
think the RM wording is not super-clear, but that's very much a
secondary question.

On a lenient view, WS-A anonymous URI means: "you can send me a message
in the transport response, if you like, but you could also just send me
an ack and no real message". If this is the case then I don't think
WS-RM needs a new URI at all, and therefore WS-A WSDL shouldn't have to
be affected by what RM is up to.

Or, WS-A anonymous URI could be viewed as having a stricter meaning: "by
saying anon I am not giving you permission to send a message in the
transport response; I am /telling/ you that you are expected to return a
message (and failure to do so would indicate a fault condition)". In the
SOAP/HTTP context, I guess this would mean that absence of an envelope
in the response would equate to a SOAP fault and/or a bad HTTP status.

If WS-A anon has the second meaning (is effectively a synonym for SOAP
1.2 RR MEP), then WS-RM does need a new URI -- which by definition will
not have the same meaning as the WS-A anon, as it will permit a simple ack.

I would appreciate the view of the WS-A WG on those two alternative
interpretations of WS-A anon URI. (Of course, both could be false in
some way that I have missed.)

Alastair