From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:49 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh
Cc: Alastair Green; Christopher B Ferris; [WS-A]
Subject: Re: CR33: Describing RM using WSDL?

The interaction we're talking about _is_ an application-level
interaction.  Using the classic
StockQuote example, when the GetStockQuote request flows there are three
possible
values for wsa:ReplyTo that are of interest to this conversation:
1 - addressable URI (e.g. ibm.com)
2 - WSA's anonymous
3 - RM's anonymous

Obviously 1 is the normal async response case.  Its the 2nd and 3rd
cases that get a
bit more interesting.  If the wsaw:Anonymous is set to 'required' in the
WSDL then it would
preclude the use of RM's anonymous on the GetStockQuote request message
even
though its use is consistent with WSA's anonymous, so this would mean
only '2' is allowed.

Not being involved in the history behind the wsaw:Anonymous flag I'm
guessing that
its intended to let the client know whether or not the server will
support sending back
async responses or whether the client is limited to receiving them thru
the transport
back-channel.  RM's anonymous fits this pattern - which is why we have
some concern
with this flag if it only allows WSA's anonymous URI, and isn't
extensible to support
consistent (but different) URIs.

RM's policy assertions do compose with WSA's but they only deal with
whether or
not RM is required/optional - they do not say anything about the use of
anonymous.

thanks,
-Doug

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com> wrote on 08/13/2006 07:36:05 PM:

> I don't understand how wsaw:Anonymous (which is used for describing
> application-level interactions) and RM's use of a pseudo-anonymous URI
> would interact.  Are you trying to describe the RM protocol in WSDL?
> Don't you have an RM policy assertion for that?
>
> It would be unfortunate if wsaw:Anonymous and the RM policy weren't
> composable.  This issue implies they aren't, that the
application-level
> interactions aren't independent from protocol-level interactions, and
> that there may be constraints to the allowable values of
wsaw:Anonymous