RE: [wsi_wsbasic] Re: NEW ISSUE: wsa:Action header and SOAPAction HTTP header are of different types but required to be the same

Hi Anish,

Thanks. I think the security consideration is a valid reason for
allowing the empty string. Some explanation text would be helpful for
the readers. Here is my minor amendment to Chris's proposal
(modification marked with <kl>)

---------
Add new section, new Rnnnn and accompanying rationale.

X.x Valid Range of SOAPAction When WS-Addressing is Used

There may be some confusion as regards to the range of valid values for
SOAPAction when WS-Addressing
is used, given that the SOAP 1.1 specification permits the use of
relative URIs. <kl>When composed with
WS-Addressing, the valid range of values of SOAPAction should be limited
to an absolute URI that
matches the value specified for wsa:Action. The empty string ("") is
also allowed for special cases such as security considerations. For
example, when the wsa:Action header is encrypted, set SOAPAction to ""
maybe a way to avoid leakage. </kl>

Rnnnn When wsa:Action MAP is present in an envelope, the containing
MESSAGE MUST specify a SOAPAction
HTTP header with either a value that is an absolute URI that has the
same value as the value of the wsa:Action MAP,
or a value of "".
------

Best Regards,
Kevin