Fw: wsaw:Anonymous combinations - another slight update

From: Katy Warr <katy_warr@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:57:01 +0100
To: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>
Cc: W3C WS-Addressing Public List <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Arun
David has pointed out that some of the 'behaviour unspecified' cells are
specified according to the none URI semantics.
This makes the table (I've updated in green):

ReplyTo
FaultTo
Anonymous=Optional
Anonymous=Required
Anonymous=Prohibited
1
Anon
Not Specified
Normal or Fault response on transport back channel
As column C
Behaviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
2
Anon
Anon
Normal or Fault response on transport back channel
As column C
Behaviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
3
Anon
Non-Anon
Normal response on transport back channel, Fault response to FaultTo
address
InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
InvalidAddressingHeader to non-anon URI
4
Anon
None
Normal response on transport back channel, discards the Fault response
As column C
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
5
Non-Anon
Not specified
Normal and Fault response to ReplyTo address
 InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
As column C
6
Non-Anon
Anon
Normal response to ReplyTo address, Fault response on transport back
channel
InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
InvalidAddressingHeader to non-anon URI
7
Non-Anon
Non-Anon
Normal response to ReplyTo address, Fault response to FaultTo address
 InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
As column C
8
Non-Anon
None
Normal response to ReplyTo address, discards the Fault response
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
As column C
9
None
Not specified
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C
10
None
Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent on transport back
channel
As column C
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
11
None
Non-Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent to FaultTo address
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
As column C
12
None
None
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C

Thanks
Katy

----- Forwarded by Katy Warr/UK/IBM on 03/08/2006 10:48 -----

Katy Warr/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
03/08/2006 10:34

Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>
cc
W3C WS-Addressing Public List <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
Fw: wsaw:Anonymous combinations

Hi Arun

I like the table too. :o)
Is it possible to simplify though, according to the following rules?

Column D: ANON REQ:
If non-anonymous is not in replyTo of fault To: as column C
else
If a backchannel is available: InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back
channel
else
else behaviour unspecified*

Column E: ANON PROHIBITED:
If anon is not in replyTo or fault to: as column C
else
If a non-anon endpoint is available for faults:  InvalidAddressingHeader
fault to non-anon endpoint
else
else behaviour unspecified*

*See Core section 3.4, (1) Bullet 2.

This results in the table below.

Thanks
Katy

[...]
Behaviour unspecified (backchannel not available)
As column C
9
None
Not specified
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C
10
None
Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent on transport back
channel
As column C
Behviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
11
None
Non-Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent to FaultTo address
Behaviour unspecified (backchannel not available)
As column C
12
None
None
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C

----- Forwarded by Katy Warr/UK/IBM on 03/08/2006 10:30 -----
Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
03/08/2006 04:01

Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>
cc
W3C WS-Addressing Public List <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
Re: wsaw:Anonymous combinations

Very nice table!
-Anish
--

Arun Gupta wrote:
> I've attached the table listing the combinations, and endpoint behavior,

> using different ReplyTo/FaultTo and wsaw:Anonymous values.
>
> Thanks,
> -Arun

>   wsaw:Anonymous and ReplyTo/FaultTo Combinations
>
> *Purpose:*
>
> This document defines the behavior of an endpoint based upon the
> combinations of ReplyTo/FaultTo EPRs in the message received and the
> value of wsaw:Anonymous.
>
> *Rules:*
>
>    1. Columns A and B define a combination of ReplyTo and FaultTo
>       received at an endpoint.
>    2. Each cell in columns D, E and F define outbound message flow after
>       the inbound message is processed at the endpoint.
>          1. Some cells have two possible outcomes. The first option
>             ignores the invalid EPR and a default value (ReplyTo if
>             FaultTo is ignored, anonymous if ReplyTo is ignored) is
>             used. The second option uses the intended EPR for the
message.
>    3. "None" URI is a special address whose semantics are defined in
>       WS-Addressing Core
>       <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-core-20060509/#predefaddr>.
>    4. Grey cells indicate undefined behavior in the spec or a choice to
>       be made between the two options.
>

>                    *A*                  *B*                  *C*   *D*
            *E*
> *ReplyTo*                  *FaultTo* *Anonymous=Optional*
*Anonymous=Required*
> *Anonymous=Prohibited*
> *1*                  Anon                  Not Specified  Normal or
Fault response on transport back
> channel                  Normal or Fault response on transport back
channel                  Generates a
> fault, uses ReplyTo but does not honor anonymous semantics and so is
> unable to deliver it.
> *2*                  Anon                  Anon                  Normal
or Fault response on transport back channel
> Normal or Fault response on transport back channel Generates a fault,
> uses FaultTo but does not honor anonymous semantics and so is unable to
> deliver it.
> *3*                  Anon                  Non-Anon Normal response on
transport back channel, Fault
> response to FaultTo address
>
>    1. Generates a fault, ignores FaultTo, defaults to ReplyTo and send
>       Fault response on transport back channel.
>    2. Generates a fault but does not honor non-anon semantics and so is
>       unable to deliver it.
>
>                  Generates a fault and send Fault response to FaultTo
address.
> *4*                  Anon                  None                  Normal
response on transport back channel, discards the
> Fault response                  Normal on transport back channel,
discards the Fault
> response                  Generates a fault and discards it.
> *5*                  Non-Anon                  Not specified      Normal
and Fault response to ReplyTo address

>    1. Generates a fault, ignores ReplyTo, defaults to ReplyTo and send
>       Fault response on transport back channel.
>    2. Generates a fault, uses ReplyTo but does not honor non-anon
>       semantics and so is unable to deliver it.
>
>                  Normal and Fault response to ReplyTo address
> *6*                  Non-Anon                  Anon Normal response to
ReplyTo address, Fault response
> on transport back channel                  Generates a fault and send
Fault response on