Fw: wsaw:Anonymous combinations - another slight update

Arun
David has pointed out that some of the 'behaviour unspecified' cells are
specified according to the none URI semantics.
This makes the table (I've updated in green):

ReplyTo
FaultTo
Anonymous=Optional
Anonymous=Required
Anonymous=Prohibited
1
Anon
Not Specified
Normal or Fault response on transport back channel
As column C
Behaviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
2
Anon
Anon
Normal or Fault response on transport back channel
As column C
Behaviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
3
Anon
Non-Anon
Normal response on transport back channel, Fault response to FaultTo
address
InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
InvalidAddressingHeader to non-anon URI
4
Anon
None
Normal response on transport back channel, discards the Fault response
As column C
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
5
Non-Anon
Not specified
Normal and Fault response to ReplyTo address
 InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
As column C
6
Non-Anon
Anon
Normal response to ReplyTo address, Fault response on transport back
channel
InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
InvalidAddressingHeader to non-anon URI
7
Non-Anon
Non-Anon
Normal response to ReplyTo address, Fault response to FaultTo address
 InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back channel
As column C
8
Non-Anon
None
Normal response to ReplyTo address, discards the Fault response
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
As column C
9
None
Not specified
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C
10
None
Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent on transport back
channel
As column C
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
11
None
Non-Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent to FaultTo address
InvalidAddressingHeader fault discarded
As column C
12
None
None
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C

Thanks
Katy

----- Forwarded by Katy Warr/UK/IBM on 03/08/2006 10:48 -----

Katy Warr/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
03/08/2006 10:34

Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>
cc
W3C WS-Addressing Public List <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
Fw: wsaw:Anonymous combinations

Hi Arun

I like the table too. :o)
Is it possible to simplify though, according to the following rules?

Column D: ANON REQ:
If non-anonymous is not in replyTo of fault To: as column C
else
If a backchannel is available: InvalidAddressingHeader fault  on back
channel
else
else behaviour unspecified*

Column E: ANON PROHIBITED:
If anon is not in replyTo or fault to: as column C
else
If a non-anon endpoint is available for faults:  InvalidAddressingHeader
fault to non-anon endpoint
else
else behaviour unspecified*

*See Core section 3.4, (1) Bullet 2.

This results in the table below.

Thanks
Katy

[...]
Behaviour unspecified (backchannel not available)
As column C
9
None
Not specified
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C
10
None
Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent on transport back
channel
As column C
Behviour unspecified (non-anon channel unavailable)
11
None
Non-Anon
Normal response is discarded, Fault response sent to FaultTo address
Behaviour unspecified (backchannel not available)
As column C
12
None
None
Normal and Fault response are discarded
As column C
As column C

----- Forwarded by Katy Warr/UK/IBM on 03/08/2006 10:30 -----
Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
03/08/2006 04:01

Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>
cc
W3C WS-Addressing Public List <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
Re: wsaw:Anonymous combinations

Very nice table!
-Anish
--

Arun Gupta wrote:
> I've attached the table listing the combinations, and endpoint behavior,

> using different ReplyTo/FaultTo and wsaw:Anonymous values.
>
> Thanks,
> -Arun

>   wsaw:Anonymous and ReplyTo/FaultTo Combinations
>
> *Purpose:*
>
> This document defines the behavior of an endpoint based upon the
> combinations of ReplyTo/FaultTo EPRs in the message received and the
> value of wsaw:Anonymous.
>
> *Rules:*
>
>    1. Columns A and B define a combination of ReplyTo and FaultTo
>       received at an endpoint.
>    2. Each cell in columns D, E and F define outbound message flow after
>       the inbound message is processed at the endpoint.
>          1. Some cells have two possible outcomes. The first option
>             ignores the invalid EPR and a default value (ReplyTo if
>             FaultTo is ignored, anonymous if ReplyTo is ignored) is
>             used. The second option uses the intended EPR for the
message.
>    3. "None" URI is a special address whose semantics are defined in
>       WS-Addressing Core
>       <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-core-20060509/#predefaddr>.
>    4. Grey cells indicate undefined behavior in the spec or a choice to
>       be made between the two options.
>

>                    *A*                  *B*                  *C*   *D*
            *E*
> *ReplyTo*                  *FaultTo* *Anonymous=Optional*
*Anonymous=Required*
> *Anonymous=Prohibited*
> *1*                  Anon                  Not Specified  Normal or
Fault response on transport back
> channel                  Normal or Fault response on transport back
channel                  Generates a
> fault, uses ReplyTo but does not honor anonymous semantics and so is
> unable to deliver it.
> *2*                  Anon                  Anon                  Normal
or Fault response on transport back channel
> Normal or Fault response on transport back channel Generates a fault,
> uses FaultTo but does not honor anonymous semantics and so is unable to
> deliver it.
> *3*                  Anon                  Non-Anon Normal response on
transport back channel, Fault
> response to FaultTo address
>
>    1. Generates a fault, ignores FaultTo, defaults to ReplyTo and send
>       Fault response on transport back channel.
>    2. Generates a fault but does not honor non-anon semantics and so is
>       unable to deliver it.
>
>                  Generates a fault and send Fault response to FaultTo
address.
> *4*                  Anon                  None                  Normal
response on transport back channel, discards the
> Fault response                  Normal on transport back channel,
discards the Fault
> response                  Generates a fault and discards it.
> *5*                  Non-Anon                  Not specified      Normal
and Fault response to ReplyTo address

>    1. Generates a fault, ignores ReplyTo, defaults to ReplyTo and send
>       Fault response on transport back channel.
>    2. Generates a fault, uses ReplyTo but does not honor non-anon
>       semantics and so is unable to deliver it.
>
>                  Normal and Fault response to ReplyTo address
> *6*                  Non-Anon                  Anon Normal response to
ReplyTo address, Fault response
> on transport back channel                  Generates a fault and send
Fault response on