Re: HTTP Request-URI in interop tests?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:27:09 -0400
To: "paul.downey@bt.com" <paul.downey@bt.com>
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Ah, I see, thanks Paul.

So it looks like the group used the HTTP Request-URI to identify the
next hop for these tests.  That's fine (well, inconsistent with HTTP,
but nevermind that for now 8-), but AFAICT, nowhere in the
WS-Addressing or SOAP specs is this specified.  ImmediateDestination
is the only standard way SOAP provides for filling in the HTTP
Request-URI value via the Req/Resp MEP and the default HTTP binding,
but the WS-A specs don't use it.

Consider what Henry Thompson did here;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Nov/att-0008/eprExample.html

He assumed the HTTP Request-URI should be set to the value of
wsa:Address, which AFAICT is entirely consistent with the
WS-Addressing specifications, yet not interoperable with the alternate
"next hop" interpretation.

Hopefully this better explains the issue I was trying to raise with
the WG many moons ago, prior to it being raised with the TAG as
endPointRefs-47.

Cheers,

Mark.

--