Re: wsa:Action for undefined faults

Pete Hendry wrote:

> The definition of wsa:Action says
>
>    /wsa:Action
>    This REQUIRED element of type xs:anyURI conveys the [action] property.
>
> I was wondering what value Action takes where a general SOAP fault is
> encountered such as malformed XML? This will not match any fault
> defined in the WSDL. Also, what value does it take when of the the WSA
> faults occur? I assume REQUIRED means on both request and response
> even if the response is a fault?
>
> In section 3.2 it says
>
>    Populate the reply message's message addressing properties
>       o [destination]: ...
>       o [relationship]: ...
>       o [reference parameters]: ...
>
> Missing from this is [action]? The examples that follow should
> wsa:Action in each case.
>
> Does there need to be general fault action URIs such as

One is defined in the Soap binding
spec:http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-soap.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

In section 5 the following paragraph defines generic URI
"

The [action] property below designates WS-Addressing fault messages:

http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/fault
"

Tom Rutt

>    .../fault/addressing
>    .../fault/unspecified
>
> I am coming up against this problem in implementing the spec.
>
> Pete

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133