Issue i020, subissue (c) revised proposal

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:35:59 -0700
To: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org " <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
CC: Francisco Curbera <curbera@us.ibm.com>

I took an action during the last concall [1] to update the proposal [2]
for issue i020, subissue (c) [3]. The revised proposal is below. The old
proposal [2] was sent out when we had a notion of a physical address and
logical address -- this has since been removed. The old proposal had
three parts: The 1st part said that if the WSDL-related metadata was
included then the EPR was specific to the selected portType/service --
this I think is still relevant. The 2nd and 3rd parts contained the
physical and logical address distinction and are therefore not relevant
any more. I would like to suggest that we retain only part 1 of the
proposal (I have made changes to reflect the changes to the abstract
WSDL binding properties) and remove part 2 and part 3.

Pl. note that Paco (who was involved in the original proposal) has not
reviewed this new proposal.

Proposal:
When the EPR minter includes a [selected port type], and/or
[service-port] then the EPR is considered to be specific to the
[selected port type] and/or [service-port]

HTH.

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/08/29-ws-addr-minutes.html