Re: wsa:To -> SOAP1.2's ImmediateDestination

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:40:58 -0400
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:28:31PM -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
> > That's incorrect.  As an example of how the binding doesn't treat HTTP
> > as a transport protocol, consider that SOAP faults are returned using
> > HTTP error codes.
>
> In SOAP 1.2, which is what I assumed we're talking about, they're not.

Sure they are;

"[...] successful responses are
sent with status code 200, and failures are indicated as 4XX or 5XX."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#httpuse

Moreover, the sentence preceding that one identifies the binding as a
transfer binding, not a transport binding;

"This binding of SOAP to HTTP is intended to make appropriate use of
HTTP as an application protocol."

... so I'm not sure why the WS-Addressing WG is taking the position
that this one aspect of the binding would be transport-specific while
the rest is transfer-specific.  *shrug*

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.          http://www.markbaker.ca