RE: General testing question

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:52:49 +0100
To: <dmh@tibco.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

David

> What, if anything, about the WSA core and SOAP binding can be tested
> that can't be tested using a bog-standard request/reply client-server setup?

For CR we have a means of identifying coverage, 'features':

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/features/

Whilst it might be possible to construct request/reply
only tests and have coverage of 'features' for CR, I *know* my
member-company will be asking some serious questions about what the
WG has been doing for the past year if we aren't able to demonstrate
the use of addressing in some of the simplest of 'asynchronous'
scenarios.

Hence I would also like to ensure we have good coverage
of our list of 'message exchanges' in our test suite:

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/features/

Paul