Issue i065 : Conflict between default action pattern and SOAPAction

From: Katy Warr <katy_warr@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:17:04 +0100
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Here is a summary of what was said on the call re i065.  Apologies if I
missed of any points, but I'm sure someone can put me straight :o)
Katy

ISSUE:
wsa:Action MUST equal SOAPAction but this is not possible in all cases
(i.e. when wsa:Action is being gen'd by default Action pattern).

PROPOSAL 1:
In the absence of <wsaw:Action>, use SOAPAction in preference to
defaultAction pattern.
Pros
+ Keeps SOAPAction and wsa:Action the same which might be considered
better architecturally
Concerns:
- Are implementations using the relative URIs for SOAPAction? (To
investigate)
- Makes the specification for generating wsa:Action more complicated

PROPOSAL 2:
In absence of <wsaw:Action>, use default Action Pattern (as stated
currently).    Relax the restriction that Action MUST equal SOAPAction
(but recommend that they SHOULD equal)
Pros:
+ Simpler pattern for wsa:Action generation
Concerns:
- Makes implementation more complex if the Action and SOAPAction differ
(for example, which to dispatch on)