From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of David Hull
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:13 PM
To: Mark Nottingham
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: Re: Now that the train has left the station ...

Mark Nottingham wrote:

My recollection was that this was covered, at least tangentally, at  the
F2F; to stretch your metaphor, someone wearing black might not be  a
student at that institution, but if they wear something that's  black
and has the crest of the university, they probably are.  Similarly,
while the presence of the Action *property* doesn't mean  much, the
header we define has a more restricted semantic; if you  don't want
people to infer that you have addressing engaged, you can  still
populate the property with another mechanism (e.g., a header  with a
different QName).

Sure, but I tend to think that argument holds for any wsa: header.  Put
another way, I don't see how the non-defaulting-and-required-ness of
[action] makes it any more significant as a signal that WSA was
intended.

Cheers,