RE: New Issue: What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?

Upon further investigation, it looks like SOAPAction is required to be a
URI by SOAP 1.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383528) and SOAP
1.2 (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#ietf-action).
More specifically, SOAP 1.1 says it should be a URI-reference [1], and
SOAP 1.2 says it should be an absolute-URI-reference [2]. In the WSDL
1.1 schema, the soapAction attribute is defined with type
xsd:uriReference (similar to xsd:anyURI except that all non-safe
characters must be hex-encoded [3]). Since xsd:anyURI value space is a
superset of the xsd:uriReference value space, it's legitimate to say
wsa:Action must have the same value as the soapAction attribute, if
present. So, I apologize for the false alarm.

For the record, I agree with Anish that WSA should not make this a MUST
requirement. As far as a WSA-enabled server or client is concerned, the
value of SOAPAction should be of no significance. Yes, the SOAP 1.1
client would need to include a SOAPAction simply to comply with the SOAP
1.1 spec, but they may as well always set it to "", since the server
should completely ignore it anyway. In fact, I think WSA should consider
instead saying something like:

   It is recommended that for an addressing-enabled WSDL binding that
   the enclosed soap:operation elements do not include soapAction
   attributes. If soapAction attributes are included, it is recommended
   that they be set to "".

This emphasizes that the SOAPAction header is insignificant and obsolete
for WSA-enabled services, though it still need be included to comply
with the SOAP 1.1 spec.

[1] URI-reference = [ absoluteURI | relativeURI ] [ "#" fragment ]
[2] absolute-URI-reference = [ absoluteURI ] [ "#" fragment ]
[3] http://www.w3.org/2000/12/xmlschema-crcomments.html#pfiIURI