Reference Parameters in WSDL

From: Katy Warr <katy_warr@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:53:37 +0000
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
In the editor's draft of the WSDL spec:

>> 4.3 Reference Parameters
>>
>> The wsa:ReferenceParameters element (see Web Services Addressing 1.0 -
Core[WS-Addressing-Core]) MAY be used as an extension child element of
>> the wsdl20:endpoint or wsdl11:port elements. When present, the value of
the [reference parameters] message addressing property for a message sent
to an
>> endpoint MUST match the contents of the wsa:ReferenceParameters
extension element. If omitted, the value of the [reference parameters]
message
>> addressing property is empty.

The final sentence "If omitted, the value of the [reference parameters]
message addressing property is empty."
appears to be restricting the addition of reference parameters unless they
are explicitly defined by the WSDL.  I thought that the intention was to
enable a mechanism to define reference parameters that the service
requires, but not to restrict the sending of other reference parameters
that are not defined by the WSDL. Have I mis-interpreted?

Many thanks
Katy