Issue 59: A use case -- out-of-phase HTTP

From: David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:45:20 -0500
To: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
One of the use cases captured during the work of the async task force
involved a mobile phone or other such mobile device.  In this scenario,
the phone would send a dummy HTTP request to an HTTP server.  The HTTP
/response/ to that request would contain a SOAP /request /message.  The
phone would then process the request and make a second HTTP request to
the server.  This /request/ would contain the phone's SOAP /response
/message.

This uses a single protocol (HTTP), with multiple connections, and was
put forth as a scenario at least one party (Nokia, as I recall?) would
be interested in seeing supported.  Can this scenario be handled by any
of the present proposals?  If not, do we have a plausible theory about
how we would handle it?

As usual, I would tend to regard "use extensibility" with no further
detail as "we don't have a theory."