Compromise Proposal [was -- Re: TIBCO objects to last call]

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:37:15 -0800
To: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
CC: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

I would like to suggest a compromise to move us forward to LC. This may
perhaps make folks who are concerned with issues (raised but not
officially logged yet) arising out of resolution of issue i054 happier,
and at the same time allow us to go to LC now.

I suggest we add the following text to the LC draft highlighting the
issue and soliciting feedback on a priority basis from external as well
as internal reviewers and proceed to Last Call:

"The extensibility [link to the issue i054] of Message Addressing
Properties has been contentious in the Working Group and it is possible
that further work may have to be done in this area. The Working Group
would like to seek feedback on whether any change is needed to the
treatment of extensibility in this section. Usecases and/or
requirements, if any, that bear upon the extensibility of Message
Addressing Properties would be very useful."

-Anish