RE: wsa:Action in responses

From: Nilo Mitra (TX/EUS) <nilo.mitra@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:49:14 -0600
To: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Cc: WS-Addressing <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

What does the clause "(and opaquely)" mean in the definition below?

> Actually, I see [action] associated with a message, not any
> particular sending or receiving node: as the spec describes
> it, it is "an identifier that uniquely (and opaquely)
> identifies the semantics implied by this message."

To whom is this property opaque? Am I right in assuming that it is opaque to the sending and receiving ***nodes*** but quite meaningful to the sending and consuming ***applications*** using this message for data interchange?

Thanks,
Nilo