RFC 2616 (rfc2616) - Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1Re: Minutes of the Web Services Addressing / TAG joint meeting

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:46:31 -0500
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.htmlI wrote:

> Agreed.  I think what you're giving is an argument not to use a network
or
> "underlying protocol" with insecure routing if it doesn't meet your
needs.

Rich Salz responded:

> I'm saying that "moving" the wsa:To into an HTTP Request-URI is bad.
> Duplicating it is acceptable.

Makes sense, thanks.  I would still expect that anyone messing with your
HTTP Request-URI is likely to cause at the very least denial of service
due to message misrouting, except in the very particular case that the
intruder has a hook at the receiving end after the message is delivered.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142