Re: NEW ISSUE: Schema tweaks

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:30:52 -0500 (EST)
To: Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>
cc: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> For when Rich's concerns are relevant to an exchange,
> Is it not possible to use only the seconds subfield with decimal
> representation to arbitrary range and precision?

How about we just use xs:dateTime?  It avoids the ambiguity of xs:Duration,
it seems to me that it captures same semantics, and it doesn't seem to
add undue burden on implementors to implement all XSD datatypes.

Yes, you can view that last point as self-interest, but I think there's
benefit in limiting how dependant we are on XSD data types.
        /r$