RE: Another go at lc75 and lc88 language (correction)

Robert,
  I get worried when some WS-* spec wants to set some other WS-* spec's
data.  What would do you if WS-AAA has one algorithm, WS-BBB has another
and both specs are used at the same time?  If some other WS-* spec wants
some unique ID for its own purposes its safer if it just defines its own
header and not try to overload or change WS-A's.
thanks,
-Doug

"Robert Freund" <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
06/08/2005 06:11 AM

<paul.downey@bt.com>, <tom@coastin.com>, <mark.little@arjuna.com>
cc
<rsalz@datapower.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Another go at lc75 and lc88 language (correction)

If we specify that the message id must be unique, but do not specify the
algorithm, does that not permit other protocols to define a specific
algorithm more to their liking as long as the result remains an IRI?
Would that not supply adequate flexibility?
-bob