Re: Another go at lc75 and lc88 language (correction)

From: Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:30:55 +0200
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
CC: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

comments inline

Rich Salz wrote:

>> This scheme allows more scalable implementations (e.g, get uri at
>> bootup, use system time when message composed cast as unsigned long
>> for the integer portion of the message Id.
>

> Isn't this an implementation detail?  There are other mechanisms that
> are similarly efficient and opaque (e.g., uuid's)
>
>> If we did this change, the relibility specs might utilize ws
>> addressing message Id when present in a message.
>

> And they wouldn't if we didn't?  Why?

Reliability needs an id for a sequence of messages, and a sequence
number for each message within that sequence.

both ws-reliability and ws-reliable messaging have their own elements in
their headers for this purpose.  The could not
change to use ws-addressing message id unless it had  both a uri and an
integer as the messageID.

Perhaps it is not bad to have reliability use its own message ID, for
orthongonality purposes.  I am just investigating an approach
which would allow reuse of the message ID for addressing for reliability.

Tom Rutt

>     /r$

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133