RE: Action without UsingAddressing

The question is whether you may ignore wsaw:Action when there is a
marker in wsdl, i.e. wsaw:UsingAddressing was present. Two WSDL
processors when there is a marker in WSDL should behave the same when
the marker is present. I don't think we can assume more than that. For
example, if I represent my extensions independent of WSDL, in a separate
policy file, etc. the endpoint would still conform to the WS-A, but the
WSDL may not have the marker.

> Since wsaw:UsingAddressing is the normative way to define the
> intent to
> conform to WS-Addressing, I think we need to define a consistent
> behavior in the WSDL binding to that effect. Basically stating that
> wsaw:Action on an operation need to be processed only if
> wsaw:UsingAddressing exists. Is that too strong a statement ?

I don't think we can do that, namely we can not say that it is an error
to process wsaw:Action if there is no marker in the WSDL.

I think this question boils down to whether we want to treat
wsaw:UsingAddressing like a policy assertion which may be part of WSDL
but may also be treated independently, i.e external attachment to a
specific endpoint.

> -Arun

--umit