Re: XML 1.1 support in Addressing: arguments, counter-arguments, and consequences

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:55:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: Mark Nottingham <mnotting@gmail.com>
cc: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>, "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> I think the question is whether those new documents have to be
> complete re-statements of the Addressing specs (because they don't
> accommodate XML 1.1), or if they can just be an incremental change
> describing how to use XML 1.1 with Addressing.

If that's the question, I think it's a mistaken one.  The
XML 1.1 version doesn't have to be a complete restatement, it can be
written as a "diff."  There's absolutely no requirement that an "xml 1.1
version" of a spec be stand-alone.

In other words, I'm convinced this is a non-issue, and that NOT addressing
1.1 now will not impact future work for 1.1 when the other specs (e.g.,
Schema and SOAP) are ready.

	/r$