Re: Use of FaultTo when propagating WS-A Faults

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> "It seems particularly wrong simply to drop such a message on the
> floor because it happened to lack an [action]."
>

> It only seems wrong because you don't believe action should be
> mandatory.  It is right to drop a message on the floor (in the absence
> of any trustworthy fallback way to return the fault) when it's so
> badly malformed according to the spec.

Hmm ... I thought I believed that it's important to make every
reasonable effort to get error information to the party that can fix the
error, but what do I know?

To be clear, I /do/ tend to think [action] should be optional, but
that's not the main driver here.