RE: NEW ISSUE: EPR comparison rule doesn't support Web services gateways/routers

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:05:33 -0000
To: "Rich Salz" <rsalz@datapower.com>, "Francisco Curbera" <curbera@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Hi Rich,

> Because people want to only expose a single endpoint, and then
> have their infrastructure dispatch or route based on things like
> content.  There several reasons for doing this; one of the most
> is that they do not want to expose *anything* about their internal
> deployment details.  It avoids giving attackers any information.

I don't understand why RefParams are needed to do that. Examples...

The above message can be routed by the bank service based on its
content. The delivery addresses (the exposed endpoints) may be
http://www.bank.com, smtp:service@bank.com, tel:888-bankcom,
morse:b.a.n.k., pigeon:fly-to-bank, etc. The implementation can do the
dispatching based on the wsa:To URI or the contents of the body (the
bank account numbers). The EPR is unchanged in all cases:

Is this the situation you have in mind?