RE: NEW ISSUE: Action defaults don't work with URNs.

Updated proposal for issues 34, 35, and this new one on URNs.  I'm sure
the editors will find ways to improve the text :-).

3.2 Default Action Pattern for WSDL 1.1

In the absence of the wsa:Action attribute in a WSDL 1.1 document, the
following pattern is used to construct a default action for inputs and
outputs. The general form of an action URI for an input or output
message is as follows:

Example 3-2. @@@
  [target namespace][delimiter][port type name][delimiter][input|output
name]

The general form of an action URI for a fault message is as follows:

Example 3-2. @@@
  [target namespace][delimiter][port type name][delimiter][operation
name]Fault:[fault name]

[target namespace] is the target namespace
(/definition/@targetNamespace). If [target namespace] ends with a "/" an
additional "/" is not added.

[delimiter] is ":" when the [target namespace] is a URN (see RFC2414),
otherwise "/".  Note that for URI schemes other than URNs which aren't
path-based (i.e. outlaw the "/" character), the default action value may
not conform to the rules of the URI scheme.  Authors are advised to
specify explicit values in the WSDL in this case.

[port type name] is the name of the port type
(/definition/portType/@name).

[input|output name] is the name of the element as defined in Section
2.4.5 of WSDL 1.1.

[fault name] is the name of the fault message
(/definition/portType/operation/fault/@name).

3.x Default Action Pattern for WSDL 2.0

In the absence of the wsa:Action attribute in a WSDL 2.0 document, the
following pattern is used to construct a default action for inputs and
outputs. The general form of an action URI for an input or output
message is as follows:

Example 3-2. @@@
  [target namespace][delimiter][interface
name][delimiter][operation][direction token]

The general form of an action URI for a fault message is as follows:

Example 3-2. @@@
  [target namespace][delimiter][interface name][delimiter][fault
name]Fault

The components of these patterns are defined below:

[target namespace] is the {target namespace} of the interface
(/description/@targetNamespace). If {target namespace} ends with a "/"
an additional "/" is not added.

[delimiter] is as defined in section 3.2 above.

[interface name] is the {name} of the interface.

[operation name] is the {name} of the operation.

[fault name] is the {name} of the Interface Fault.

[direction token] is:
  Empty ("") where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-only',
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/robust-in-only',
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-only', or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/robust-out-only'.

  "Request" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-out' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-optional-out'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'in'

  "Solicit" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-in' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-optional-in'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'out'

  "Response" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-out' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-optional-out'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'out',

  "Response" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-in', or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-optional-in'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'in'

  {message label} where the {message exchange pattern} is not one
    of the MEP URIs defined in WSDL 2.0 Part 2.