Issue 040: Processing Model for our SOAP Faults

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:05:06 -0500
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Cc: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta@Sun.COM>
[ The following is sent on befalf of Arun who's having issues posting
to the list. ]

Description of issue 40 [1] states:

The SOAP binding states the following: "If neither is present faults
may be sent to the [source endpoint]." We deleted similar text in core
in the [fault endpoint] description, should we delete the above?

I think it's ok to delete the text from SOAP binding since the MEP
definition in the WSDL binding [2] requires that where a reply is
possible then [reply endpoint] is required and [fault endpoint] is
optional and can be used to override [reply endpoint] for faults. This
makes the text in the quotes above redundant and thus can be deleted
safely. Moreover removing this text will be consistent with core.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i040
[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-wsdl.html#WSDLMEPS

Thanks,
-Arun