Issue 017: new description and sub-issues

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:26:28 -0800
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Here is the new description and sub-issues in 017 that I promised to
send out:

1) The spec states that the [action] property is supposed to uniquely
identify the semantics implied by the message. Is the value of the
[action] property required to be distinct within the scope of WSDL
messages/operations/interface/service (?), when using WSDL to describe
the Web service?  It seems to me that the [action] property would be
distinct at least within the scope of an interface/operation. Is there
any good reason not require it to be distinct? If not distinct, there
should at least be guidance regd re-use of the [action] value to the
creators of WSDL docs.

2) What is the relationship of the operation-name mapping requirement of
WSDL 2.0 to the [action] property? If the [action] property is required
to be distinct this can satisfy the operation-name mapping requirement
of WSDL 2.0. If the [action] property is not required to be distinct, it
would still be possible to define a feature that requires it to be
distinct and use this feature to satisfy the operation-name mapping
requirement.

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040803/#Interface_OperationName