i052: What is a logical address?

I find the term "dereference", while possibly accurate to the Web Arch
definition, to be unlikely to clarify things to our general readership.
But perhaps you could dereference jmarsh@microsoft.com with some
additional justification :-).

If we're trying to say something like "a client, through configuration
or other means, MAY choose to use a different value in the underlying
protocol's address field (if one exists) than specified by [address]"
let's just say it.  As is I'm not sure what the proposal is trying to
accomplish.