RE: Issue 7 convo from Melbourne

I don't think I have any problems with your proposal, other than this:

  3) Introduce "node"/"role" attributes on the EPR, and define.  Failing
  to specify a value for these attributes would cause the headers to be
  untargeted, and thus targeted by default at the ultimate destination,
  which is I believe status quo.

I don't have a problem with WS-A headers being targeted to
intermediaries - that seems like it might be useful at some point.  But
I am very wary of introducing the concept of a "targeted EPR" by adding
in attributes targeting its use toward a particular intermediary.  The
obvious scenario for such a beast is to provide information needed by an
EPR consumer to construct a message that targets both the ultimate
receiver and N intermediaries.  To really make this work I think you'd
need a much more complex structure than we currently have (such as a
bucket of EPRs).  I don't see that adding a couple of attributes is
going to appreciably solve the scenario.  The whole scenario falls way
under the 20% case, and can be solved by extending or packaging WS-A
once the real interop scenarios are clear.

So, I support dropping item 3 of your proposal.