	From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Katy Warr
	Sent: Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 3:34 AM
	To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
	Subject: [destination] MAP and WSDL address

	The WS-A WSDL spec appears to be too restrictive wrt
[destination] MAP.

	Here is the text:

	>> 4.1 Destination
	>>
	>> The value of the [destination] message addressing property
for a message sent to an endpoint MUST match the
	>> value of the {address} property of the endpoint component
(WSDL 2.0) or the address value provided by the relevant
	>> port extension (WSDL 1.1). For a SOAP 1.1 port described
using WSDL 1.1, the value is provided by the location
	>> attribute of the soap11:address extension element.

	However, there are scenarios where the WSDL address is
overridden at runtime
	by the programming model (for example: JAX-RPC
targetEndpointAddress).
	The mandating of the [destination] MAP to the WSDL address in
the above text does not allow for override.
	It forces the [destination] to be the development-time WSDL
address rather than an updated runtime address.

	Looking back at the issue that generated this text, I wondered
whether the intent was that the [destination] should be
	derived from the WSDL address only in the absence of additional
information (as proposal 1 of the issue below)?

	This text was a result of issue 56:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i056
	It was resolved with option 1 from the f2f minutes:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Oct/0001
	The text for option 1 is:
	>> The [destination] property is taken from the endpoint or port
address -
	>> derived address (WSDL 2.0) or the applicable WSDL 1.1
extension (for
	>> SOAP it is taken from soap:address/@location). ...

	Before opening this as an issue, what are other folk's opinions?

	Thanks
	Katy