Re: Amended proposal for i059

David,

My concern with the reworded text, "/When the anonymous address is not
used, then any outbound message is part of a different MEP than the
inbound message/," is that it may be too restrictive.  There appear to
be a number of possibilities, notably holding the return message for a
later poll, that call in to question "just what is a MEP, anyway?"  In
such a case, I don't really care whether holding a message for a later
poll and the client later picking it (and possibly others) up in
response to a poll request constitutes a MEP, as implied by "part of a
different MEP".  All I care about is that it /didn't/ come back as the
transport-level response.

For similar reasons, I'm concerned about dictating (as opposed to
allowing) any particular kind of acknowledgment.  As I've said
elsewhere, I prefer "You have to send something back.  If you don't have
anything else to send, use an empty 202."  The 1.1 text still seems a
little restrictive in this regard (but we can fix that by making sure
that the scope is appropriately narrow).  The 1.2 text is  fine from
that point of view; saying the response is part of a separate MEP
doesn't constrain the transport-level response of the first MEP.

Otherwise, the text-tightening in general looks OK to me.