Review of WSDL 2.0 drafts by the Web Services Addressing Working Group

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:14:16 +0200
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org, Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
While we were off, the WSDL 2.0 drafts were published as LC WDs:

- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 1:
  Core Language

- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 2:

- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 0:

- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 SOAP 1.1 Binding

See [1] for the announcement from Jonathan. We were asked to review
those documents, which makes sense in light of our WSDL binding.
The review period ends 19 September.

The things to particularly watch out for are:
- the {soap action} property[2]; note that I made a comment on my
  behalf about its granularity[3]
- the wsdlx:interface attribute[4] which looks a lot like our
  wsaw:InterfaceName element[5]; note that the Web Services
  Description Working Group may contact us about this (see [6]).

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2005JulSep/0026.html
  2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-adjuncts-20050803/#property-BindingOperation.soapaction
  3. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301
  4. http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-20050803/#wsdlx-interface-aii