Re: wsa:To -> SOAP1.2's ImmediateDestination

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:10:32 -0400
To: marc.hadley@sun.com
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Hey Marc,

> On Aug 18, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Did we miss this? or was it intentional? (Bug or Feature :)
> >
> > http://www.markbaker.ca/2002/09/Blog/2005/08/18#2005-08-bound-by-
> > bindings
> >
> wsa:To gives the value of the ultimate recipient, but the SOAP
> binding is hop-by-hop so ImmediateDestination could be the address of
> a SOAP intermediary instead of the ultimate recipient.

Sorry, I don't follow.  I don't know what it means for the WS-A SOAP
binding to be hop-by-hop, since the SOAP processing model is end-to-end.

Also, in the Req/Resp MEP, there's some ambiguity about the
definition of the ImmediateDestination property;

"The identifier of the immediate destination of an outbound message."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#tabreqresprops

(where "immediate destination" is undefined)

However, the description of its value seems unambiguous that it's
identifying the ultimate recipient;

"An identifier (URI) that denotes the responding SOAP node"
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#tabreqcon

Hugo; thanks, I didn't see that section on Action.  It seems fine
to me, but it doesn't address the issue of the Web method.

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.          http://www.markbaker.ca
Coactus; Web-inspired integration strategies   http://www.coactus.com